1. HOW TO RENT A BIKE: Click on a bike photo on the Home page. Click the photo twice for details to see pricing & options. Choose the length of rental: 1 to 7 day options. 1 day is up to 24 hours, etc. Add to Cart. Checkout your Cart, then fill out the rental form with your height, when, where & what free accessory you want (helmets, locks, lights). We are not a bike shop.
When are we open & delivering? Mon, Thurs, Fri open 9am-5pm. Closed Tuesday & Wednesday. Weekends & holidays from 8am-6pm.
In face to face deliveries, we require a test ride to verify bike comfort. If the bike was left for you, then contact us if you have any issues. Please continue reading below for details on where & when we deliver or how quickly we are capable.
Our service is a simple one. Give bikes to those who want bikes. We do it during business hours. We can deliver/pick up at hotels, offices and residences. Advanced notice is needed. We do not operate by on the fly info from renters. Changes to your rental pick up address while riding may be costly or not possible.
We may conveniently leave bikes with hotel or resident staff & pick up when a claim ticket # is sent.
If you want a bike before our business opens, then schedule a delivery BEFORE we close the day before. You have the ability to put any time into our scheduler to no fault of ours. However, if you do so, we will immediately contact you confirming the closest time within OUR hours.
4. Where are we? During business hours either we are driving in our delivery vehicle OR at a delivery address. We have no storefront.
5. Can we deliver to you right NOW? Our time machine needs maintenance, but our 100% electric vehicle works great. If you contact us now, rentals may take 90 minutes for delivery, due to Americas #1 traffic... where you are, where we are when you reserve and how many bikes you need. NOTE: When making a reservation Friday at 5:05pm, after we are closed, the earliest you can expect delivery is 9:30am on Saturday (8am-6pm). You may get lucky. We may get to you sooner. Remember, if you want to ride today, so do many others who made advanced reservations. Cargo bike requires 4 hour advance reservation at minimum.
6. Where do we deliver? We travel up to 17 miles from the White House, which is the center of town. If you choose start of day or the end of business day delivery, we may adjust your time a bit to fit others. Pick up & drop off addresses don't need to be the same. Send an email with the second address after payment. In Maryland or Virginia, a fee applies: $16 for up to 10 miles away, $25 for 10.1 to 17.0 miles away. Calculate your distance on an online map. All DC delivery/pick up is FREE. Please give complete addresses any GPS can understand. Hotel names are good too. There is $150 delivery fee for groups of 10 or more.
7. Can you pick up your bike? You might want to come to us, to speed up the process, but we are a mobile service with no storefront. We are not at the White House. Only the president is there. And no, you wont find our secret underground rebel bike storage base. We were attacked in May and have relocated it anyway.
8. Which bike should I rent? If you don't know the difference, then pick a classic bike.
9. Can I call to make a reservation? Yes, but it is preferred that you have seen the site. Otherwise we are attempting to describe 6 different bikes over the phone. It is busy when weather is good, making it challenging to answer phones & perform deliveries. It will take longer over the phone, but we understand times computers don't cooperate. Be patient when calling. Our number is below.
10. Bringing your shoes & pedals to rent a CARBON bike? Great idea! If you don't bring pedals, we offer toe clips & straps, SPD and SPD-SL options. Shoe/pedal explanation is here. Classic 3 speed or Hybrid do not have pedal choices. Drivers are equipped with a pump, a hex multi-tool & pedal wrench only. Drivers are not mechanics. Local shops have accessories.
11. Are there shorter term rentals? We hate saying no, but we recommend CapitalBikeShare for rides under 5 hours, since our day rate is less than theirs for that period. See their rates here. Also, our bikes are actually (nice) bikes you can buy in a local shop.
12. Do you have a cancellation & refund policy? Yes. A full refund will be issued to written cancellations 4 hours or more prior to reservation by email or text. Cargo bike cancellation requires 6 hour notice for refund. NO REFUNDS after a timely delivery.
14. How many bikes are available? +50 bikes. Select the type you want on the home page, and select how long you want it. Inventory is accurate. Sold out bikes will be stated. First reserved gets the bike.
16. Should I be concerned about security when renting? Yes. So we removed the quick releases from the wheels & seat post so they are more secure (5mm seat bolt & 4mm skewers). Use a lock when leaving your rental bike outside of your reach! Lock to something metal, but not on private property unless given permission by property owner.
17. Do you rent a car rack? Yes. $25 with a bike rental. It holds 3 bikes. Email a request.
18. Is it the law to wear a helmet? If you are under 16, then DC law requires you wear a helmet.
19. DO YOU GIVE REPAIR KITS OR ALLOW PART MODIFICATIONS? NO. We like our patrons, but our attorneys say not to rely on their mechanical skills. Things can be made worse. So, locate a nearby shop, get repairs, then give us the receipt. Any damages created by tool use and or part swapping during rental period will result in charges to the renter as stated in the waiver.
20. If I get a flat or something, what do I do? There are so many bike shops around that you can take your rental there fast to get rolling again. We will refund you. The price of a tube & labor to install is less than $20. A tire rarely needs replacement, but costs around $25 at any bike shop. We do not recommend you to repair your own flat, but you would need a 5mm hex tool, because our bikes do not have quick releases for security. If you damage any part of the bike, then you will be responsible for those repair charges as stated in the waiver. Road bikes have tubeless tires.
Do you have group rates? If your group has more than 9 riders, email us to make arrangements.
21. Do you give riding lessons or tours? WABA holds classes for learning. We have contact with a third party tour guide, which is a service distinct from ours. Visitors may want to contact bike shops or check our blog for group rides on the weekends.
Email us or text us with questions not listed here. We want to improve our questions section.
We are driving around town, so if we don't answer, try emailing us if it is long or sending a text if it is short.